15 February 2011

MY SWEET VALENTINES

As a young single woman, I dreamed of the day I would have a Valentine...someone to send me lavish bouquets of flowers at work so everyone there would know that I am loved...someone to surprise me with expensive jewelry that I can show off so again everyone would know that I am loved. But that was Hollywood's version of Valentines Day...not reality. I learned that quickly when I fell in love with a man who doesn't believe in buying flowers or jewelry for me...he thinks it's a waste of money.

So I headed to work yesterday knowing not to expect anything until I got home. A few hours into my shift I went to the break room to make coffee. When I came back to the front office, Misty told me my boys were there. I was worried that something was wrong because Toran and Rory have been very sick and I even had Toran in the ER over the weekend for breathing problems. I rushed to the waiting room only to see the most precious Valentines waiting for me.

There in the doorway stood Rory with a single rose in his hand and not to be outdone, Toran was right behind him with one gourmet chocolate clutched in his hand. They came through the door, handed me my treats and kissed and hugged me. I couldn't have asked for a more special Valentine or a bigger surprise! Who needs lavish bouquets and expensive jewelry?! I've got my boys!!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I wish I had been working that day...so sorry to miss those sweet valentines! Anyone can send a huge bouquet - but who can top a melting chocolate clutched in a chubby little hand?

Michelle said...

Reminds me of my own sweet valentine baby boy, walking into our apartment with tiny roses clutched in his sticky hand. Those are the memories you will never forget!

Amy said...

I am so behind! I did not know - what a great story!